The Thailand Board of Investment (BOI) has the power under Thailand laws to grant special privileges allowing foreigners to own 100% of a company limited.
The Thailand BOI has the power to grant the following privileges depending on the specifics of the investment plan:
- Exemption from rules restricting foreign ownership of companies;
- Exemption from corporate income tax for up to 8 years;
- Exemption of import duties on machinery and raw materials;
- Exemption from rules restricting foreign ownership of land;
- Exemption from work permit and visa rules; and
- Exemption from rules restricting overseas remittances.
The amount and type of privileges you can receive depend on your business activities and location of your business in Thailand. However, not all business activities are eligible to receive BOI privileges.
Thailand BOI applications can be made before or after the establishment of a company in Thailand.
Generally, the minimum level of investment capital required to obtain BOI privileges is 10,000,000 Baht.
The Thailand BOI requires a lengthy application and business plan be submitted in order to apply for BOI privileges, which takes at least 2 months or more to complete.
Our BOI application service includes the following:
- Prepare a BOI application with the assistance of the client providing all required information and documents.
- Filing the application with the BOI.
- Assist in communicating with the BOI.
- Accompanying the representatives of the client in meetings with the BOI.
- Make presentations to the BOI in regards to the business plan.
- Follow up the application with the BOI officers.
- Submit any additional information or documents required by the BOI with the assistance of the client.
- Receive a notification of approval.
- Submit promotion acceptance form on behalf of the client.
- Submit required documents for the issuance of the BOI certificate.
- Receive the BOI certificate.
- Provide an English translation of the BOI certificate.
- Consulting on an on-going basis in regards to BOI privileges and questions.
- Correspondence by email, telephone and in person meetings when necessary.