Import licenses in Thailand are issued by the Customs Department.
Depending on what type of goods you are importing to Thailand, an import license may require approval from another government agency such as the FDA, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Finance, Fine Arts Department, Department of Intellectual Property and others.
Generally, import licenses require a fairly large up front investment in a proper business facility that will be inspected before approval.
To determine whether approval is required from another government agency, we recommend contacting the Department of Foreign Trade.
Our import license application service includes the following:
- Advise client on all required information and documents to apply for an import license.
- Prepare a import license application with the assistance of the client.
- Filing the application with the relevant government authority.
- Assist in communicating with the relevant government authority.
- Accompanying the representatives of the client in meetings with the relevant government authority if necessary.
- Follow up the application with the relevant government authority.
- Submit any additional information or documents required by the relevant government authority with the assistance of the client.
- Receive the import license.
- Provide an English translation of the import license.
- Correspondence by email, telephone and in person meetings when necessary.