Foreigners are prohibited from owning land in Thailand.  However, foreigners can register what is know as a "Right of Habitation".  This right of habitation gives a foreigner and their family members the right to live at the property for their lifetime without paying rent.

A right of habitation can be registered at the Land Department similar to a mortgage, lien or lease of 3 years or more.  Registering a right of habitation gives public notice to any potential buyers of the property that it is encumbered by a right of habitation.  The terms of the right habitations can very and are set out in a written document.         

Our Right of Habitation service includes the following:    

  • Title search.
  • Advise on chain of of title.
  • Review and advise on right of habitation document.
  • Register right of habitation at the Land Department.
  • Translate right of habitation registration papers from Thai to English or Japanese.
  • Correspondence by email, telephone and in person meetings when necessary.