An amalgamation is when two Thailand companies merge to form a new company.
The process for an amalgamation are as follows:
- Notice must be mailed to the shareholders and announced in the newspaper 14 days prior to the meeting.
- Shareholders approve special resolution of merger with the vote of not less than ¾ of the total shares of those present in the meeting.
- Each company approves a special resolution of merger within 14 days after obtaining such resolution.
- Each company advertises the intention to merge in a local newspaper at least once.
- After 60 days of publications of such advertisement, a shareholders meeting for both companies must be considered for any details of the newly merged companies.
- The new merged company could be registered within 14 days since the merged resolution is approved.
Our amalgamation service includes the following:
- Provide advice and attend meetings for amalgamation of the companies as necessary.
- Prepare notices, ads and resolutions for the amalgamation.
- Submit the application and all required documents to the MOC.
- Obtain company affidavit upon registration of the amalgamation.
- Prepare an English translation of the company affidavit.
- Correspondence by email, telephone and in person meetings when necessary.